LEAD DATABASE TECHNOLOGIST Full-time Job1 year ago - IT & Telecoms - Lagos - 279 views
JOB SUMMARY: The Database Administrator (DBA) role is to design, install, monitor, maintain, and performance tune production, test/development, and QA database environments while ensuring high levels of data availability. This individual is also responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of all databases and their accompanying software.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Install, monitor, maintain and performance tune all Production, Test & Development databases including but not limited to Oracle and SQL server.
- Upgrade database management systems, including but not limited to Oracle and SQL server.
- Developing, implementing, and overseeing database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of SQL databases and their accompanying software.
- Install and upgrade database applications by applying patches and upgrades on a regular schedule.
- Provides technical support to application development teams. This is usually in the form of a help desk. The DBA is usually the point of contact for Support.
- Ensure periodic check for physical health of each FTS hardware, Monitoring interfaces & Connectivity, SQL DB table space utilization, PBF uploading and check for any error and Archival Backup.
- Install, configure and upgrade server and database application components including but not limited to the portal platform, LDAP server, messaging server, calendar server, web server, payment gateway, internet based forms and self-service applications.
- Create new database users as required.
- Develop, implement and maintain scripts for database backup and restore for all databases and test the procedures periodically.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; or an Associate’s Degree plus five years of significant experience with relational database technologies is required; or an Oracle Database Masters Certification plus eight years of experience with relational database technologies is required.
- Must be an experienced individual with good communication and inter personal skills.
- A minimum of four years of Oracle database administration and SQL programming experience is required; experience in a SCT Banner and/or a higher education environment is preferred.
- Excellent skills in using UI programming languages like Java.
- Demonstrated capacity for self-directed learning is required.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.